Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oct. 1st!

you know the phrase" i'm just trying to work up a sweat"? Is that even a phrase? I feeel like it is for sure. Well here that means nothing to me. IT IS SO HOT. Man, breathing makes me sweat. I guess its a good thing though cause I feel completely exfoliated when I come home each night.
Yesterday I got a new companion, he is really cool, and really Brazilian. He does not know English, and i live with two other Brazilians as well and for some reason last night there were two more Brazilians sleeping there. That makes 6 Brazilians, nope 5, I'm American. It's really good for me though.
yesterday there was a little confusion in the transfer which resulted in me being alone for some time, and the last words from my senior companion were stay here until your new comp arrives, he said that he should be getting to my house around 9:30, 3:00 rolls around and I have no way to call or do anything and I'm companion less. I got a lot of reading done, so that was good. (Tawny, I´m on chapter 17.) But eventually i just decided to walk up to the church and there he was with 2 members trying to figure out where he was going. He had only been there for about 10 minutes though, so don´t think he was waiting all day, it was me waiting.
Nonetheless, things are not easy, mostly because of the weather. During the middle of the day, of course, it is really hot and no matter what you do nobody wants to get off their hammock to come to the door and talk...but I can kind of understand given the circumstances. The Portuguese continues to get better, especially the understanding part. At first when I arrived here the words were coming so fast that I couldn't even keep up with what was going on, but now it's starting to make sense and I can actually talk back with intelligent answers.
Thanks for all the supporting e-mails, Owen! Good to hear from you/ your email was pretty stinking funny, and I'm taking your advise thanks.
Mom I got that package last night the one with the water bottle which I love already, thanks. Lauren please be careful, I knew you didn't know how to ride a bike. I love you though. Lisa and Ace, I love you guys too. Dad have you made a decision yet? Let me know, I love you a lot.
grandpa! thanks for that email really, so good to hear from you.
Tawny! Thanks once again for the uplifting email, I got a package from your mom with more letters in it! Love those, thanks and Kristen If you are reading this thanks. I still find it hard to believe you are in Vienna, and traveling all over, you sound great I love you, be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment