Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ants!

These last few weeks we have been teaching a woman named Maria. She is hilarious! she is about sixty, her nickname is "White" I don't exactly understand why. She drives a motorcycle, she has one grandchild, and she is the 'cool mom' on the street that all the kids like to hang out with. There are always some teenagers at her house just chatting with her. She wants to know everything about the Church, she is progressing so well. She is faithful in her commitments and knows all that we are teaching her is true, she's stopped with alcohol and coffee. But for some reason every time we invite her to be baptized, she says she's not ready... She wants to know EVERYTHING about the church, there is no way we can tell her everything about the church. She is afraid. We have tried EVERYTHING in preach my gospel. I want to figure this out so bad to help her the way Heavenly Father wants us to. But I just can't seem to find an answer. for the last week I haven't been able to stop thinking about all the times I see "fear not" in the scriptures. Or don't be afraid. Same thing. I find it strange that a hip old woman who loves the adrenaline rush of a motorcycle would have a fear of something she knows is true, she has a testimony of the church, but just wants to know EVERYTHING first. I try and put myself in her place, I feel like it would be hard to take that step of baptism, we are praying she will lose her fear, We just don't know what else to say to her. we pass by regularly and visit with her I Hope hope hope she'll come around.

This last week, I directed a baptismal service of A boy named Everton, I am still so surprised that people understand me when I talk and grateful I still have a lot to learn though I have been told i have quite the accent a Mexican one they say which I have a goal to lose, He is so cool he doesn't have the sweetest life, But he is just a great kid. Even before we met him he with living his life right despite all the lack of examples around him. He is going to grow into an amazing person, He is 15, I gave him one of those really hot shirts that I avoid wearing cause they are thicker than cardboard and we had some extra pants laying around the house. That were new, who knows who's they were. But we got him all dressed up and clean cut he looks so good.

I already said this but I have been making everyone take their vitamins, I'm really cracking down. My companion hates vitamins or any sort of medicine. But I'm still making him take them. Because I'm concerned for their health, and mine. the first time Elder R. Marinho took a vitamin he chewed it, I need to be more clear on my instructions cause this has happened before. I told him to take this vitamin. I need to say swallow. My bad. I gave Him the vitamin in the morning, he said he would take it that night. I reminded him a few times throughout the day. Then forgot about it. That night I was laying on my bed and he ran in and was pacing back and forth and telling me how much he hated medicine. I had no idea what he was talking about, It took me a second to catch on. He just kept saying how nasty it was. I noticed him chewing something and asked him if it was the vitamin i had given to him. He nodded with a sour look on his face and ran into the bathroom spit it out and started brushing his teeth. . I felt a little bit bad for the mistake but it was so funny.
The ants have found a way into the fridge, they get in there and die all over everything I hate them. I think my front left tooth is going to fall out (mom can you send me some glide floss, I sound like a girl but the floss here is like fishing line.) I think it is going to fall out because at lunch a few days ago, a rock, no, a pebble made it's way into my spaghetti! I saved it. Nobody noticed but i took a few bites and i bit something hard i spit it out ,secretly, but it hit my glass plate and made a sound i didn't see it fall but I thought for sure it was my tooth, It killed, It hasn't fallen out I don't really think it will and if it does i guess it's ok cause that tooth is already fake.
Mom, you asked If I'm used to the heat. I'm used to it but I don't like it, no one does. and if I have dreamed a dream in Portuguese? last night, Not even kidding, it was the first time and it was so weird, I woke up and then realized it was all in Portuguese.
Things are great with me, I'm learning a lot. Thanks for all the support.

Love Elder Williams.

P.S Ryan Graham how are you?
Tawny Enjoy your Domingo

No comments:

Post a Comment