Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The end of my first transfer

So that amazing family i wrote about last week, who we have been teaching and teaching and I thought for sure they were going to be baptized. The are having second thoughts, I think I spoke too soon. It really hurts ,we have been working so hard with them, I know they felt the spirit so strongly, they all believe in the Book of Mormon, yet for some reason, they are hesitant to be baptized now, even though they know its true. They just don't want to commit, I feel like they aren't ready to give up their other obligations for church, the beach, fiestas, and the worst part of it all the two boys got invited to another church, A church that teaches you how to play guitar if you join. I guess that's pretty enticing when your 13 "This church I have to sit and be reverent, this church I get free guitar lessons." They Have stopped drinking coffee as a result of us stopping by which is good, I have faith they will come around cause they are such a good family. Just not ready yet.
Ok so, Mom, I don't think me eating all those meals you cooked, That I complained about (sorry) would've prepared me for this. I'm laughing right now because of how disgusting some of the food is. I know you always said" I'd like to see you on your mission when you have to eat everything the people serve you." Well lets just say I will not be picky when I get back. I wouldn't even say I'm picky, I'm just plain when it comes to food. I like to keep it simple eat what I need and I also like it to be clean and hairless.... that's right hairless. I have not had a member cooked meal yet with out a hair in it. I don't know what it is about hair in food that is so gross it just is. I try and stay composed but I think my face turns from happy to sad. And they serve you so much here! Man. I have worked out a system though, I build my plate in such a way that makes it look like I have a lot and then I eat rrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeaaaaaaaalllll slow. Smart? Yeah I got really sick of finishing my meal, full to the brim, and then someone sloshing some more food on my plate saying "you hardly ate anything" anyway I do Like the fruit and the granola here. SO GOOD anything that has to do with fruit here is good. How are you guys liking my weekly food update?
I have a quick question? A couple weeks ago I sent home an email about a bat... this bat nearly bit my face of, not one person mentioned a thing about it.
It's really cool to see all my previous preparation having results. As a result of all the shots I received before leaving on my mission, my health is staying pretty good...if that wasn't the case, one of the many vultures that hang around our house would have carried me off by now. They other night we were teaching a lesson in a house on the floor, and they have a disease here called Dangi carried by mosquito and the mosquito's fly really low. So we were sitting on the floor of this house teaching with about 300 mosquito's flying around us, I was thinking, good thing mom got me 40% deet. And then the thought came to me, crap, I didn't put on any repellent today . The lord blesses those who serve him, I didn't get one bite I was so thankful. It's funny walking down the streets because there are little kids running everywhere...it reminds me of The Jungle Book for some reason...I don't know why.
So It is the end of my first transfer, President told me to survive the next 6 weeks, I have a few more days but I think I've got it under my belt, there are only 15 more of these, and I can honestly say it went by fast I'm going to miss Elder Nielsen, But I'm excited to see who my next comp. Will be I'll tell you about that next week. I think I'll be living with nothing but Brazilians.
Well, Thanks for all the Emails once again. It is so good to here from all of you, The language is coming, I feel comfortable talking on my own to people in the streets, I have to repeat myself a lot and have them slow down a bit but I really feel progress each day which is sweet. Um, jokes in English do not translate well not that I'm much of a joke teller in the first place, But so far from my experience they are not funny. I for sure don't understand everything that is going on but I catch a lot of it.
Oi, Lisa! Good to hear from you , I'm glad you are doing well and Easton is using the toilet. I love you all.
Mom thanks for the email. I'm glad the sleepover worked out well. Send Grandpa and Grandma my love, on both sides and, and tell Grandpa Williams I better hear from him soon.
Dad, I'm still thinking i love you.

Tawny! thanks for the email! so so good I Have 2 minutes util this computer explodes, not really but it will shut down I love you thanks for everything I´m gald you are loving it there, enjoy your 26th!

No comments:

Post a Comment