Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sep 17, 2008

So, I've been thinking and I got a little bit worried that my Emails are sort of negative in the way I talk about the gross stuff here, I just want you all to know I'm loving it, and when i complain, if it sounds like I'm complaining, I'm just being sarcastic, With that being said. The elections here are getting a bit ridiculous…24/7 there are people driving up and down the streets blasting their slogan music to get people to vote for them. And I wake up to this crazy guy who is in the mood for some forró rather early in the morning, I'm actually up anyway,but who just does that? blasts music at 7 in the morning? I can't call it music, it's American music transformed into weirdness. It's fun to figure out what American song they stole though.
Mom you asked what season it is down here, If you are ever wondering, I'm on the opposite schedule you are on, you guys are moving into the cold months, we are moving out of the "cold" months, it is pretty stinking hot, 70- 90 all year long sounded nice, hmmmm well it's the hottest I've been in my life and it's still "cold" people complain of how cold it is, maybe it has something to do with my black pants, dress shirt and tie, I get to wear everyday, I'm sure I'd be cold too if I wore some of the outfits they wear here... just now the kid on the computer next to me is playing the forró version of " nobody wants to see us together but it don't matter no, cause I got you" I don't know the name of the song but I'm sure at least Lauren knows what I'm talking about.
So the past week, well three weeks I just haven't said anything yet, we have been working with a sweet family, a perfect family, a family that needs the gospel. The father of this household works too much to quit to go to church, but he loves having us over. anyway, he has a wife and three kids. two boys and a girl. one of the boys is 9 years and the other is 12 and the girl is 17. we have been teaching them, And they have all received an answer that the Book of Mórmon is true, we challenged them this week to stop drinking coffee, and alcohol. and they committed right on the spot, the coffee took a little bit of hassling. but we went to the market up the street and bought them some ceveda which is like coffee without caffeine. It's pretty good, the members serve it a lot, anyway they have been doing everything perfect and have committed to be baptized! isn't that so cool? I don't know if it will work out but Elder Nielsen won't take no for an answer which by the way reminds me, mom you asked when he is coming home? and where he lives, he comes home the week after next, and he lives in Riverton. I'll have him stop by ok? we have become good friends.
Lastly, you have to be careful on the buses here…they stop for 5 seconds but leave their doors open for 15 seconds because they are on such a strict schedule. The other day I found myself jumping out of a speeding bus (very carefully as to not get injured) which was something I've always wanted to do...I can check that off my list so I don't have to do it again. That's about all.
Lauren Thanks for the email. good luck on your talk, I'm sure you'll do great, I hear the" Miracle of Forgiveness." is so good, and I bet it'll help you come up with some ideas.
Mom, I hope your overnight retreat, is that what old women call sleep overs? hmmm have fun, and you aren't old. I love you so much thanks for everything.
thanks so much for all the support!
Tawny! I got a letter today, with some hilarious pictures prom night sounded sweet, and you sound like you are loving Vienna! can't wait to really hear about it. I love you, I bet you are learning a ton and having fun. guess what, we might have a similar lifestyle I don't think the buses here are anything like there but I ride them, often, I never feel quit right when i get off though, is it the same there.? Thanks for the Tuesday mail.
Love you all.
Christensen's, How long are you in London for? just taking a trip, thanks for the update, love hearing from you guys.


tchou

Elder Williams
PS sorry if there are any spelling errors this keyboard is really sticky, and I have had trouble thinking ever since the Portuguese has been smashed into my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment