Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oi

Hello to All,
I would just like to start off with a big THANKS for all the e-mails. I received 15...a lot more than I was expecting. It made my day!
Mom you asked If I get to see the two boys often, the answer is yes, I see them about everyday, they actually came up to me yesterday and gave me a huge hug and told me they weren't going to be at church this week cause something was going on, they were so sad about it, good examples. So yes I see them about everyday running around in the streets. I don't know if I have told you but the whole family is baptized! I just need to send pictures the kids here are so cute.
It seems as if a few of you are wondering if I get mail every six weeks? Well that should be true, but I just happen to live with the AP's and I get Mail every week or so, on Monday, but eventually it'll be every six weeks. But I'm anticipating staying in this area for a few months, probably as long as you are in Vienna, Tawny! Mom you asked about the Pastor man... correct spelling? well he is doing great, he looks SO GOOD wow Elder Nielsen and I don't teach him he is in the other area, so we referred him to other missionaries But we saw him this morning actually and we see him around town sometimes (I'm in a small town I see the same people over and over, It is so cool.) the thing about his conversion, I think, He was looking for help, He wanted to change, It's been three weeks? He has attended church, is preparing to be baptized and to my knowledge has not used drugs since the missionaries found him. They check on him daily and are just such good friends to him.
So the other night it was just my comp and I because the others had to go on a trip. Elder Nielsen fell asleep, while I getting ready for bed. so I tried to sneak in quietly but I still aroused him because Those flip flops you gave me mom the black ones, are the loudest things in the world I don't understand it, like nails on a chalkboard almost… anyway he rolled over and fell asleep again, I finished praying and he was for sure asleep by this time, I was just about to fall asleep when I hear," BAPTISMS!" then some crazy Portuguese I started laughing and said "what do you need to do with the baptisms?" sarcastically, he lifted his head Looked at me and said" nothing. "About 74% funny 26% creepy. He didn't remember it in the morning but I thought it was so funny ha this is probably one of those stories I'd have to explain in person to be funny, but I got a good laugh out of it.
Food Update: Well...there is everything you can possibly imagine here. Every fruit, except nothing looks perfect like it does in the United States. People are driving around selling Abacxi (pineapple) and meloncia (watermelon) by the truckload. The watermelon here is about double the length and lighter green in color on the outside. The oranges and bananas, too, are light green when ripe which is really weird. They sell the bananas by the stalk here... they are still attached in massive clusters...pretty cool. Fruit is dirt cheap. A pineapple is 75 cents and an ice cold coconut is also 75 cents...they hack off the top and put a straw in it so you can drink the milk. The meat in Maceio is really nasty but tastes fine...they just have it hanging by hooks, not refrigerated, and they sell huge blocks of fat to people...I don't know why. I drink more soda here than water just kidding but I'm pretty sure I don't worms...they have grapette and fanta uva (grape) and laranja (orange) and guarana...most are sold in the old 1L and 2L glass bottles...pretty different. Every meal is served with beans and rice and a salad of sorts. Most people have a meat product of chicken with it and they have something called farinha here which is like eating pebbles...it's some grain but it's rock hard!
Well first, Congratulations Tyler on your baptism! That's so sweet way to go. Lisa, Sorry About the sickness, I´m grateful Easton was there to care for you though. I love you, keep me posted! And Ace. You too. And Easton. Mom, I'm glad all is well in Lehi! You seem to be loving it thanks for your weekly words of wisdom. Lauren I Love you I got the package with all your friends nice notes in it, By the way thanks so much for that I love Granola! And the notes from the fam.
Tanner not once in your life have you been called a wuss by me. Ha that's sweet you went on all the rides though.
Dad sorry I didn't get a chance to do a personal mail this week, we are ponedon time I love you so much though.
Tawny! You made it Wow I was worried, that was a nice text you sent to your mom, so detailed! I can't wait to really hear about how everything is there and thanks for the address! I had actually already looked up how much it would be to send letters there thanks so much, I was at the post office a few weeks ago and thought i'd ask. I got your family picture turned out great. I love you I'm sure you are dealing with the change just fine.
Love,
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment