Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Massayo

How about I start with a short summary,

I've woken up to ants all over me more than once, its ok though, these aren't the puppy size giant ants i talked about earlier, these are the little black baby ants, that mind their own business. I haven't been bitten.
I caught a firefly! i had never seen one of those before, neat.

2 times well 2 and a half times i've had close calls with the crazy bats around here.! oh man the other night elder neilsen and i were walking home and I was telling him a story, I don't even remember what story, but it was dark and you know when you see something and you just can't tell what it is so you squint a little bit? well, that's what happened to me. I was in the middle of a story and I stopped to look at what seemed to be a small trash bag floating towards me. It wasn't a trash bag. it was a BAT! this happened pretty quick and within 2 seconds it was inches away from my face. I'd like to tell you all I kept my cool and just ducked or stepped out of the way, but that'd be lying, I screamed panicked it was similar to the pet detective. My comp laughed and said, " that's normal." normal? i didn't believe him, but it has occurred more than once. and the 1/2 time well I was getting ready for bed elder Neilsen said, woah, just woah, not WOAH! as it turns out there was another bat... of course.
Let me tell you about some more important stuff, We baptized two boys on Saturday, i forgot to bring the photos, It was my first time baptizing someone aside from the one time Tawny and i went to the temple which I'm grateful for the practice. It was a really neat experience one was a 10 year old named Marcio and one was 12 named Marciello and to me the names sound the same but to the trained ear there is a huge difference, so I was a little bit nervous about mixing those two up, but I didn't all went well. During the opening prayer, said by Marcio he got about halfway through and decided he didn't like where it was going so he started over, pretty funny. I was going to send photos but i seem to have forgotten my camera sadly, you'll see them someday.

also this week we met a man who speaks English! It was nice to not sound like A complete idiot for once. I don't think he is really into the message but it was just a good experience.

The language is coming, but I still speak slow, even when I don't speak slow, I think i have the worst accent ever because it's almost a guaranteed laugh when ever i say something I say things that make sense but know one says it the way I do so it's funny, and if they don't laugh they smirk and if they don't smirk, they are just grumpy. I'm loving it here though I have a lot of work to do. a lot. I m very grateful for everything I've learned so far and I'm excited to really grow on this mission.

Mom In that package could you include my Camera charger for my cannon and burn a few copies of my CD I do have a chance to play and the kids here love American music and just toss some in there. thanks for the email, and good luck with chad, if you guys happen to see this before you leave tell chad i love him, and to know that it gets a fahillion times better.

Lauren thanks for the email! I'm glad you have some sweet friends, i don't know about those boys though.

Lisa? I hope pregnancy and all is well for you. I love you Ace and easton

Dad I love you very much thanks for everything.

Tawny! i don't know how your feeling but you are leaving so soon! i love you, your in my prayers have a safe trip, I don' t know what else to say you are awesome. hows that? good luck! good luck! i EXPECT a letter of your safe arrival

thanks for all the support! love Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment