Thursday, August 28, 2008

Still Learning the Language

The people Here A wonderful the weather is rainy but sunny when it rains its often still sunny, really pretty and muddy.
The fist morning here one of my roomies (roomies?) asked me to do some pull ups, on a bar squished between a door jam and books on either side to add pressure. ha i didn't think it would hold me, but he was just like Jesse, actually he said elder Williams, just do it, it will hold you. i did a few, and the whole think came down. it was pretty funny. I have since then reconstructed the pull up bar, sturdy as a rock.

So I felt like I understood a lot more Portuguese ( when I left the CTM) than i actually do, make sense? well I should say Maceio Portuguese It's different here. they don't even obey the rules! I'm improving every day. I'm great at greeting people... then slowly the conversation goes down hill, pretty funny actually, Oi is easy to say then they respond, at bout 26 million miles an hour and then I can for the most part understand what they say take me a second to respond and then the conversation slowly comes to a stop. It's fun they understand I'm learning, and i get to just laugh with them, at me, I've said some pretty ridiculous things, sometimes they ask me something and i go off on something else completely different.for example the word for baby is bebĂȘ and the verb to drink is beber big difference except not really cause the r at the end of a word makes an airy sound which could easily be mistaken as a breath. anyway last night i was talking with some members and i thought they were asking if i drank at the church, or from the church like sacrament or something weird and so i said yeah, i do every week. the real question was have you been a member your whole life, since you were a baby? it took about 5 minutes for me to understand what they were really saying, they don't let me give up.which is good.

The work is going good, My comp is pretty Amazing, he goes home in a couple weeks. I like president and sister Beynon a ton.As for the food here, I eat it. even though 85% of the time it's questionable, because they make you share the same cup, sometimes, and they don't really cook the food all the way through. My mission doesn't serve monkey, but the two things they do serve that I won't be looking forward to are turtle and sea manatee. All I'm going to say is getting all those shots were worth it.

Mom Thanks for your letter this week, very descriptive. I look forward to hearing from you all. Lisa! A BOY! I knew it, how about you name him Lucas Bolzan Casper? ha that was the Name of my ctm instructor. isn't that a funny name? maybe maybe not. I love you all thanks for everything

Tawny! you need to hire a terminatro, get one of those fellows to follow you around and kill all those crazy bugs! you are so Funny! Thanks for the email, I hope your show Is going great I wish you all the luck in the world, and my watch just beeped, I should be sending a letter off your way in a bit.
love love love Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment