Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Maceio

First off, MacieĆ³ is about a billion times beautifullier than Sao Paulo. President and Sister Beynon are great, My new comp, honestly i had to ask him if he was American or not. he is American and his name is elder Neilson. But people ask me if I´m Brazilian, then i speak, and they know.

Anyway. My humble abode, it's not bad the floors are kinda like hard wood floors but replace the wood with cement, and nice green walls that were white from the start. oh and last night i went to brush my teeth and I turned on the light and to my surprise I found about a fahillion giant ants... they scurried out the moldy window though. ha It's good though I slept very well and I love all my roommates.

This morning when I woke up it had been raining hard all night and The rode flooded! haha i think it was knee high or so. I've never seen anything like that, I do everything in Portuguese now my comps good at forcing me to use it all the time which is great, i'll learn faster. Last night after I left the mission home we went straight to our area unloaded our suitcases and then went out to work. Ha my sweet comp likes to put me in situations like hey, this kid has a message for you and then leaves me on my own to speak.

anyway last night we had a cool experience. they just finished a brand new church here, its probably the nicest thing with in a ten mile radius of our house, and it's the nicest church i've seen in Brazil. so we are blessed to have it here, so like i said they finished it last week, its pretty fresh, and as we were walking away from the church back home a man was walking with his son towards the church we said hi, elder neilson asked him how was was doing, he said not well, I'm going to the church to find the pasture because I need help, I have a problem with drugs, Elder neilson told him we could help. so we took about a five minute walk back to his house and taught him the first lesson, it is unreal first of all what this man was living in, and how makeshift his home was the family room was probably 5 by 5 feet and there were sheets blocking our sight from his bedroom and his kids bedroom. I felt so sad but they seem like a happy family, his boy was so funny and playful, and can speak a million times better Portuguese than I, well he committed to come to church and he seemed to have felt the spirit and the best part is, he wants help. I thought that was so neat I was grateful for the experience.
Ha Spongebob is on, opp now Donald duck funny.

Thanks so Much for the E-mails, Dad thanks for the advise
Mom thanks for the package, i loved it, I read something in the ensign saying people who love each other but are distanced can still grow closer to each other as they grow closer to Christ, I find it too be true. Thanks for telling me about the blessing mom, that sounds so so sweet, I'm glad you two had that experience, tell Jason for me. Lisa and Ace that I believe the babe will be a girl. I love you all thanks for the support.

Did I tell you guys the i pod came! on Sunday night, Thank Paulo for me if you can.
And TAWNY you did such an awesome job on it , wow. thanks. perfect. I wish you would've placed some photos of you on it though but really Thanks so much tawny.
AAAANNNNDD Thanks for The emails, I got your letter package too the day before i left the ctm of the church history trip! it was so so awesome thank you! tell your Mom thanks too I loved hearing from her, I sent a letter with sister linford for you two. kinda short i had little time so my apologies but thanks so much, the emails and everything. BYU H would be so cool, keep me posted ok . I love you hope your week is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment