Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Last night I was teaching a recent convert about eternal families, Elder da Silva and I Baptized her a few weeks ago.
Her Name is Maura, I've mentioned her before.
Her Husband had a stroke a few years ago, he has difficulties waking and talking. Yet he understands all we teach him. I've become really close to this family and I have been hesitant to invite José (her husband) to be baptized. Because I don't know if it's necessary. He has been quietly listening and participating in our lessons. He refuses to drink coffee and always reminds the family.

SO last night as we were teaching we mentioned baptism and how it's the first step to all the other blessings. José spoke up and said, “Quero” or “I want” I was taken off guard. But so happy, I'll have a little chat with president and the Bishop, I don't know what the rules and regulations are on this, I just know everyone needs to be baptized. SO I'll keep you all posted I'm sure it'll be a special experience for the family. I'm really excited to make this happen with my new companion.

I just finished reading the news letter Loved it, Although mine was rather lame, hmmm I'll do better next time around.
And I'll let you know how Jose is next week via telephone!

Much love elder Williams
I can't believe you found a waterfall, was it a legit one, or some sort of trickle, either way congratulations that’s so cool. Live it up over there. Thanks for the email! Sou muito Grato

No comments:

Post a Comment