Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I Just Took A Nap In A Hammock

Olá,I just left a zone activity,I found a hammock and just fell asleep for a while that's kind of a bummy thing to do at a party but it was so nice.

this last week has been great, conference was solid I was able to make it on Sunday, and I got there a little bit late, but it was so worth it because we got one of our investigators there. He loved it. His name is Rafael and we have been working with him since the first week I arrived in Gurguri. He is such a good kid who believes every word we say. Not one this we have said to him has been doubted, like that quote I don't know exactly how it goes one cause I have never heard it in English and 2 because I just don't remember it word for word but “Faith and doubt can't exist at the same time in a person.” It's something like that and I see nothing but faith in this kid,

He is 18 smoked since he was 14 and its been so hard for him to stop. I have already talked a little about him but I'm just so excited for this kid and his attitude and that he is missionary age, he is going to help so much!

I’ve been thinking this last week about how big a miracle baptism is, to get people to change their life into a whole different world in a short period of time. For sure some people are already ready for the gospel and just need a little shove in the right direction but others need a lot more. A person choosing to change is a miracle and I am serving in a place where so many people are willing to take this first step. Pmg says that generally people wont change unless they are invited to, and I've been given the opportunity to invite others everyday.

A mission is so cool! what other job would leave you happy at the end of the day that keep you from family, friends, music, movies, physical contact all of the above… I don't think there exists one. I'm grateful to be here And I truly am seeing miracles and wonderful change in people.
I watched conference in Tabuleiro! Just a ps, it was so good to see my old ward. I got a few notes from the kids in the primary that made me feel pretty important. I had a good time there.
Thanks for all the support, sure love you guys,

Elder Williams, will E uns

Tanwy, wait a second, you are leaving to Hawaii in ten Days and I haven't even caught drift of an address… you've got home work.. have such a good week yeah? yes. And tell staish happy day for me please.

No comments:

Post a Comment