Wednesday, July 16, 2008

One Month Out


They do go by thats for sure, so this last week i went to a train station in downtown São Paulo. not door knocking. just walking in a busy area. We were let go for like 2 to 3 hours and we were just supposed to meet people on the street and give them a short lesson. this was last friday, morning when we went. the same white van that they brought us here from the airport,drove us to the station and let us go out with our companion. stopping people on the street is kind of out of my personality but I didn't feel like it was so strange, I definitely feel like I have a good reason to stop them. So the first man elder Peck and I approached was Probably about 60 or more and I told him That I had a something to share with him, kindly he listened and was patient with me and my Portuguese but i got the message across and he seemed very interested, he took the book of MOrmon and flipped through it as he walked away, not a huge deal, who knows what will happen to him, this was just an exersise to get comfortable talking with people in the language but it certainly was a good feeling, having somebody listen. elder Peck got the next guy and wasn't so lucky we switched off giving the message and after a lot of rejection we gave out two more Books of Mormon its hard work, but It was so much better than sitting in class all day, but also it´s so humbling cause we all have so far to go until we can speak the language. Guess what! I forgot to tell you last week, one of the guys in my district, his name is Elder Duke, is best friends with Landon Finter, we discovered that probably two weeks in and thought it was so funny, Landon had told him about me a few times and do you remember how we were going to get together before we left, but it never worked out? Because either one of us always had something come up, well Elder Duke would´ve been with him and I would've known him before I came. neat huh? I want you all to know that I´m learning alot and i love you all, I'm obedient and im doing my best. and yes I do get to play a little piano every once in a while and we all mess around elder Howard the one i told you reminded me of Kirby, he is teaching me a little bit more about the piano which is sweet of him, he is so funny. i love everyone in my district, we have the biggest one here, and we are all cramped in a little room all day and surprisingly we all get along so well and there aren't really any fights sometimes a little contention but what can you do. Mom I miss you very much and i love you, Dad thanks for the advise, keep it coming I love it, and i love you , Lisa way to go on the baby! i already knew but that's pretty stinking exciting, She or he better know who i am when i get back. Lauren, your teeth look great, have fun at the trek.
Tawny, I hope you are doing good! I don't get letters and i don't know if mine are going out cause the Brazilian Mailmen are nutso but I´m sending them I really hope you are getting them, they keep saying they are on strike. but Have fun on your trip! I don't know when exactly you are going but tell me all about it, and you can email me i just cant write back. so if that is ever easier feel free. well i love you all talk to you next week

No comments:

Post a Comment