Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March 4th!

Alright, this last week has been good, and the last last one too. my birthday falls on the week of Carnaval. It´s a big festival of craziness... people like to throw eggs and flour on you. We get left alone though... you can't throw eggs on a man in a tie.

Last Friday we met a nice older man who was interested in hearing our message, but coudn't make it to church this Sunday. he is married and lives with his wife (Rosa) and their daughter in law named Cleo, Cleo is visiting from the jungle... not really the jungle but she lives far away the name of the place she lives neither you nor I could pronounce so it's irrelevant, and we'll call it the jungle. In the jungle there is no Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Cleo has a kid of her own. who is really fair skinned, Rosa, Has always called the babe A child of a Mormon. Because for some reason Mormons ( missionaries) are always white. Cleo asked Rosa what a Mormon was. Sweet Rosa said they are always passing one day I'll show you a Mormon.

We had made an appointment with this older fellow for Monday night and of course we stopped by, Earlier on Monday morning Rosa took Cleo to see The Church of the Mormon's because she was curious, and they live close and had nothing else to do. When Cleo saw the Church she told Rosa about a dream she had had. one Where she was in front of this church Talking to a man in a tie who was speaking another language. all this was still before she had seen an actual Mormon. Well Monday night we showed up to see this Man and Invited Rosa and Cleo to join in on the lesson. We taught the first Lesson, the restoration of the Gospel. After Cleo told us about the dream she had and The child of a Mormon joke. She has no church close to where she lives But it was a neat story to hear from her, and neat she dreamt of the church and a man who spoke another language. and she is so excited to go to church on Sunday with Rosa. The husband can't go. but it's going to be fun working with this family and Cleo while she is here.
wow I hope that story made an inkling of sense. is inkling the right word?

Things are good great with me. I made German pancakes for my companion and I this last week German pancakes remind me of two people Steven and Mom. I've found an old cookbook an ancient missionary left behind and I'm really seeing how weak I am in the kitchen I am having a good time learning though.

I hope you all know I love you and the pictures were great. I have a favor to ask, that doesn't have to be done right away just sometime in the next year or so. I've told a few of the missionaries about POP ROCKs and they are dying to try them so if a few pop rocks could be tossed into a letter or something someday there will be a lot of happy missionaries.
Thanks for everything I got the Birthday packages thanks so much. for all of it.

Love Elder Williams

Tawny I have A favor for you, next time you see brother Pratt, can you tell him I'm making every recent convert I know to join the one wimpy verse club. I stole the Idea from him, and it's a great one and I want him to be credited. You sound great, I'm so pleased school is going well. Tchou até mais te amo não esqueça olhar a lua. have a good week thanks so much for writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment