Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hello!

Ola! Thanks for all the emails, and best wishes. Truly. I get sad when it's my turn to write and I've finished reading my emails because I just love reading them so much.

Elder Da Silva and I are loving it. He is really changing fast, the last two weeks he has began teaching so well. From the first time I taught with him up until yesterday. I can see a huge improvement, I don't know why entering into a strangers home is so intimidating, but it is, and it was for me. And I had an excuse, if I said something wrong I could just say, sorry I'm still learning Portuguese. But for him he is just expected to know it all. No excuses, he already knows. I guess what I'm trying to say is I had the language barrier a time to get used to it, but for natives they have to jump right in. I think that would be nerve racking.
Anyway I love him real cool real smart and a really good missionary

Yesterday night we got locked out of our house it was raining like crazy too. We got locked out not because we forgot the key, but because the door just didn't want to open. Anyway I had the brilliant Idea to scale the two story building in this slippery rain and open up the back door. The back balcony door uses a different key than the front. I didn't know that . so it didn't work. I made my way back down and called my zone leader, from a pay phone, he said he'd call a taxi and we could sleep at our neighboring missionaries. The taxi never came, so the Bishop saw us and gracefully offered us a ride. We arrived at the other mission home around 12 and I laid in bed and was just grateful the day was over and bam I got sick, I'm just not feeling to well.

Anyway yesterday was one of those days. Our baptism fell because she got offended by someone at the church, it's a long story, but it's so important to treat every member and every investigator nicely.

Thanks for the birthday wishes… 20? I'm an oldie huh. I really love it here and I'm pulling in every moment as a learning experience last night just makes for another story. Yesterday was like the movie pure luck. I share it with you when I come home the journal version is much better.
Lauren good luck at try outs, I'm excited for you. Don't stress even if you mess up your cute smile will get you in.

Tawny the letter still hasn't come! Sad day. Maybe it'll come back, I hope so, just know this long space of letters is not Jesse caused , it must be Portuguese number caused. You sound great I hope to see the pictures of the new pup soon. I love the name too. Thanks so much for the email. Love you ps your Portuguese just gets better and better, I really get a kick out of that.
Thanks for all the support love Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment