Wednesday, February 11, 2009

February 11, 2009

Hey! Mom, I'll answer a few of your questions. Yes, I like the food… what’s better than rice and beans, everyday. I'm not even being sarcastic. I love my new area! It's BIG they had six missionaries here to cover all this turf now it's Elder Da Silva and your's truly. When we arrived, A lot of the members said, "just you two?" the ward is homely and friendly, and the church sits on the edge of one of the many gullies is gully the right word? Little valleys. I’ll be sending home some sweet pictures. Hmmm the buses here are even crazier some deal went down and the buses are free, anyone who wants to enter hang on jump on top can do it and it doesn’t cost a dime. Its nice though, this area is really big. The end of it is about a 15-20 minute bus ride. That’s along way on foot. Any grateful for the free bus.

This last week we met a family, who the missionaries worked with for a few weeks and then I guess they forgot about them cause they only baptized one member of the family, 2 years ago. But there are 4 more ready souls. They all went to church this last week and Saturday is there baptism.

Alright I'm running late once again, I have to look at all the people who called in on those pass along cards. I love those things, but, there is no center and state street here with numbers in order. People just name these streets what ever they want, you can knock on every door on the same street and ask the name of the road and you'll get a few different answers… I think they sometimes just toss their name out as the legitimate name of the road… little bit of a headache. I have no problems asking directions though, does that mean I'm less of a man?

Mom you asked if I can understand everything, I can but I still study everyday I have a lot of room to improve. I love you guys happy day of the boyfriends and girlfriends…. That doesn’t translate so well they call it something along those lines. Happy valentine's day
Tawny I'm broke about that letter, I feel like it might have been my sloppy hand writing, or a sticky handed Brazilian who was curious to see the pictures in side, that letter was stashed, I'm sadden. I wish you a happy valentines day none the less take a look at the moon and tell john mayer HI FOR ME! HAVE A GREAT WEEK
love
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment