Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just Passing Through...

Last Sunday we ran into a part member inactive family, just by chance as we were knocking doors. It’s a family of 4, A Mom two girls and a boy. The girls have been baptized they are 16 and 17, the boy has been to church but has never been taught by the missionaries and Mother (Nede) she has never set foot into the church her reasoning is because she is catholic and she won't let anyone change her mind or visit another church. The girls stopped going about a year ago.

As we got to know them a little bit better we found out Nede's father had gotten really sick, he had been sick for 11 days he lost his ability to speak and wasn't eating and the doctors had not a clue what it was. They asked if we could visit him, we walked down the street to the Man's house and found him on a bed when Elder Da Silva and I walked in he tried speaking to us but nothing was coming out. It was hard for me to see, the bed he was on was not fit for an elderly man, the fearful look on his face made my heart sink.

There was about 20 other worried family members at the house when we arrived, not all of them knew who we are, we left a short message explained why we are here. Before Leaving we gave Nede's father a blessing, a blessing of comfort. We talked a bit more invited them all to go to church, the 2 girls to return to church and the rest of the 20 to visit. None of them accepted, they responded indirectly and weren’t interested but I’m sure they could feel we were true servants of God or else they wouldn’t have invited us to visit. But with their lack of interest/ free agency we didn’t plan to return when there are other people who are ready to hear the message of the restored gospel, we left and I honestly didn’t give much thought about it after.

Tuesday night Nede found us in the street and told us her father passed away that same day only a little bit after we left. She accepted to hear our message, is going to church this week, and with time we hope to reactivate the two girls and bring this family to church. I'm positive this experience left her heart soft, she listened to the plan of salvation, she has doubts but now she listens, she told us about many missionaries passing through and inviting her but she never accepted the invite. I'm Excited to see her at church on Sunday.
So this is the last week of transfers there is a chance I'll be parting with Elder Da Silva which would be sad, but I think we'll stay through one more. You never know though, IF one of us does get transferred I will miss him, I really really look up to him, he is going to be/ is such a good missionary.
I hope you all have a good week and know that I love you

Elder Williams.
Kristen Happy Birthday! I have a feeling your cake was a German chocolate delight, for some reason I feel like that’s your favorite.
Dad your Birthday is coming up march 18th the big 30's hope you are well!I'm sure you'll get a chocolate cake too. It's a birthday fiesta Back in utah.
Happy birthday to yous

No comments:

Post a Comment