Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Count Your Many Faucets!

Transfers... I stayed and so did Elder Da Silva, Which is pleasing. Two new elders arrived, one actually arrived last week his name is elder Skousen , He came to our area because of an emergency transfer which I forgot to mention last week. He is a character, he reminds me of a fellow named Dwight, It’s nothing but laughs with him. And yesterday one more Elder arrived. Elder Veloso. So Our area is now divided in half which is wonderful Two people wasn't enough.

I’m not teaching English in this ward, although My companion knows more than a thing or two on the piano and we’ve started a music class, it’s a good time and we are getting a lot of new investigators through it.

This last week the water went out for a week and in some places two weeks It’s back and I’ve never realized how grateful I am for running water. even though 7 up bottle showers are so sweet. Anyway Saturday night the Power went out too… It was funnier than it was frustrating for us missionaries who are only passing through for a short time it's easy to put up with. But for the people who live here and have to stick with it, I think i'd go crazy. We only had to plan by candle light one night but it was still amazing to see the patience of these people when water is hard to come by and then power on top of it. Not only that but when the water is running there are only certain times of the day that it arrives in your house. And a lot of people have to fill buckets with slow running water and save it for later. Life is different for people here but they are as happy as ever, good examples.

I'm doing great I thank you all for the support. I miss you all but the time will slide by and I want to make the most of it. Lauren Thanks for the letter, Let me know when mine gets to you I feel like it's taking a while. Jessica, are you taking care of my Mom and Lauren? Good luck in your calling Mom its perfect for you.
DAD todays the day! Happy happy Birthday .
Lisa and ace Have a great week Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment