Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The New Year

Can anyone believe that tomorrow is a New Year? I sure can't I'll be going to bed at 10 thirty, I might just get out of bed and look at the fireworks around midnight though, I hear they have a big show down by the beach, Elder Canduta, kartchner, Vas and I are making Brownies! American Brownies! I hope you guys have some fun plans.

This last week was so good, I wished the phone call wouldn't have fallen so many times and that I could've gotten a little more personal time. But none the less so good to chat a bit, how can I say none the less? That's sounds too casual, I loved it. after my companion told me to hang up, we sat there staring at the phone for two more hours until we figured he gave the wrong number to his family, he still hasn't talked to them yet, I feel really bad for him, the phone call is the most looked forward to thing here, I'd say peanut butter is in a close second. Was Christmas good?
Christmas here was a lot of obnoxious music, Drinking, and food… not much different than a normal day, normal day times five. Christmas was fun, We find a lot of different ways to have fun.
My companion told a little girl who was just recently baptized not to believe in Santa…, We were walking the with the little girl and She asked me If I believe in Santa, I said yes of course, she's little, 9 years old I think. My companion heard and said some thing to the extent, "you really believe in those things?' Mirelly is her name and she said yeah! My mom tells me all about him, and then elder Vas told her, these things don't exist it's fun to joke about but you've got to know it's only a story. As he said this I was trying to talk loudly over his voice. She still heard him But I succeeded in re-convincing her that Santa is real. I love how easy it is for kids to just believe in something. Lauren… Ignore Elder Vaz Santa is real.

We Have met a few sweet families this week, One of the families is made up of 5 kids and a mom and a Dad They have a 16 year old boy named Tiago, and he is going to be baptized the 10th. And the rest of the family will follow as soon as they get married, this week we are going to be rebuilding their house, and they are so excited about it. I plan on taking pictures I'll try and send them next week.
In the meanwhile know that I love you all
Elder Williams
Ps. Is everyone home safely yet?
And I didn't know the babe was so stinking close! Holy! Maybe you should name him Spalding…
Just kidding
Tawny Happy New years! I have a question? Where are you learning all this Portuguese? I really am loving those titles. Another Question/ comment. Did you get my Christmas letter? I hope so. Also thanks so much for the Emails. Really.
Happpy happy New Years Love Elder Williams

The other day I heard someone Yell Jesse… I turned, It wasn't for me it was for a girl actually but it was strange to hear the name. did anyone say my name on the phone? I don't think so, strange to hear

No comments:

Post a Comment