Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Luck With Dogs

I just received the best news from Kristen Christensen; The Jesperson's are going to be mission Presidents! If anyone has their address I would greatly appreciate it in front of my eyes, all I want for Christmas.
This last week has been bitter sweet, I have been here for a little over three months. When I first got here we met a family that was so excited about the Church. They were members of another church called the Assembly of God; it's pretty popular here, lots of screaming, loud music and some strange looks every time I walk by. It's a lot of looks because I swear they have one on every corner. This Family is elect and the whole ward conducted service projects to give them a better home. In the family there is one boy, who didn't accept this message. He won't leave his other church. After some time, he started learning how to "prove" our church is false. And He started inviting the Leader of his church to re-teach his family the truths of Mormonism… They told us they don't want it anymore. To see a Family Enter the church and fall away so fast is unreal to me, its been 3 weeks since they've gone to church. We are really racking our brains to figure out what exactly to do. Preach my gospel is golden I have faith Heavenly Father will help us work out the problems.
But I can't forget my blessings; this week we met two families that are so cool. One is a family of 6 they have a daughter who is special, but, so reverent, she'll sit and listen to us and just smile. I heard one time People who are special were made that way because Heavenly Father Didn't want them to suffer the pains of the world because they were such powerful people in heaven. Where did I hear that? I believe it and I think it's beautiful. Anyway after we taught, we came back the next day started teaching again and the Mother of the home asked how she could join our church? And if she could? I cant describe the feeling I get when people ask to join our church. We just respond of course! She told us how peaceful her home was after we left, the parents' aren't married, and they have a few other problems but I'm real excited to work with them.

And yesterday we were teaching A young man. We started and invited his mom to listen but she didn't want to, she was making dinner in the kitchen which was really the same room with a curtain separating the two spaces. I am sure she heard our beginning prayer. We taught the five principles of the gospel and the word of wisdom. She at that moment was making coffee. But she was listening attentfully through the sheet. We told how Jesus was baptized and invited her child to be baptized. She poked her head through the curtain at that moment and asked if only teenagers can be baptized… once again I got that same feeling she committed to obey the word of wisdom and is preparing for baptism. We ran to the store and bought a drink called ceveda, has anyone heard of that? Does it exist in the US? It tastes exactly like coffee but it's not bad for you, I like it. We give it to people to replace coffee.
I have one more story, this falls under the bitter. I'm hesitant to share this one but I'm sure at least it'll give someone a smile, I know Lisa will find it funny because of my luck with dogs. Friday we were knocking doors, we met a lady who wasn't interested, but she had two dogs. That seemed to be interested in me. As I was standing and talking to her they peed on my leg! I didn't notice until after she shut the door but I couldn't believe it, (I wonder if she saw it happening and just let it go.) well for the rest of the day I had dogs going crazy over me… and there are a lot of wild dogs here, a lot. Three more tried after these two and one succeeded! He came howling down the street and got me all over. DISGUSTING! Later that night I went to Branca's house ( a woman we have been working with) and she laughed and told me I shouldn't worry about it , in fact I should be grateful, because it's good luck! I told the story to a few more people and they told me it was good luck too! Crazy… I guess I'm full of luck. I do have a 4 leafed clover… I hope somebody is smiling because of this. It was a pretty classic day, I came home dirty and tired and wet…

I hope Everyone knows I love them.
Tawny, I got a letter this week with some chocolate things inside I haven't eaten them yet But thanks thanks thanks, I am happy to be on the postcard list, is it kinda like a fav five?.. and for the Talk, I've read it a few times now and I'm certainly digging it. I hope you have a great week and I have a lot more to tell you but I'll stick it in a letter that you will receive in a few weeks… is that annoying? Hope you're laughing.
Tchou
Mom I would like to ask you for a book in English, its called defendance day I think it's about two missionaries who hmmm just ask seagull book if they have it. Let me know. also if you send another package toss one of my harmonicas in there one of my good one's in the key of c, but don't send another one for a while, and you too Kristen and Tawny goodness I get too much stuff I'm grateful.

ps Can i get Linda and Craig's Address and Uncle Grant?

No comments:

Post a Comment