Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hey!

This last week has been great, Except for Friday morning, I had a blood test, Yikes, hate that. I had to play it cool though I was with some guy I had just met for the first time. I'm so bad with blood I don't know why. I was pretty pale and sweaty afterward. The nice man who sat with me through it got a kick out of it.

Well, This "sickness" that I have is way too out of hand. Beneath my eyelids it’s a little rosy and my arms. No biggie, nothing I would imagine could send me home. But the problem is the medicine I'm taking is too strong to stay on. It could be bad if I stay on the medicine, like I could grow a third eyeball or something ugly like that. If it were up to me though I'd just keep taking the pills. Anyway I don’t want anyone to think I’m suffering OK.

As I was saying this last week has been great. We Baptized José, which was so neat. His wife Maura has been a member for a little over a month, she's the who found Elder Da Silva and I. Her brother Is the owner of another church and has been pretty hard on her, but through her tribulations she has respected and followed her Heart. We taught them about eternal families and José wanted to be baptized too! He has a hard time speaking and walking but with the help of the Bishop’s car we've have been able to get him to and from church.

The actual baptismal service was different. Elder Vasconcelos said the prayer and I held him in my arms and submerged him. I was afraid he would have a hard time holding his breath… also for just bones he's pretty heavy. All went so perfectly though. And aside from José's disabilities he is always always always happy, afterward Maura grabbed my hand And said “amo voce”. I'm starting to just barely understand the complete happiness this gospel brings. I've been smiling ever since.

I hope there is no unnecessary worry for me . I love you all thanks for the support.

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment