Thursday, August 20, 2009

Released... August 20, 2009

Let's see, this last week has been good, I am having good experiences. Yesterday we went to I buffet.... and a pack of Brazilians came in. I did introduce myself they came in really loud and speaking Portuguese and saw us, and one of them told us he was coming into the MTC today just one last huraah at the I buffet (the Elders here love it... it's down by movies 8 and shopko) so this keep and his Ward counsel were here from the Provo Portuguese ward which I didn't even know existed and I got to chatting with the Bishop and he was from a city real close to Maceio` gotta love that northern accent. I also had two phone calls this week from non members who's first language was Portuguese and partway through the conversation they told me their first language. So those experiences have been nice, I help the Elders going to Portugal, and all those foreign emails of course....
Oh and John Sanders (not grandpa) an investigator of ours who is blind and has anxiety around people was baptized this week after we taught him over the phone for about a month. I think this program is great, because only by phone he was willing to meet with the missionaries and after much comforting he worked up the courage to go to church, the ward there has also been great in making him feel welcome. The missionaries over there did a fantastic job helping involve him.
I hope everyone is doing great.
Love Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment