Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Good Week

Hey, the weather has been so good this week! Nothing like Provo Utah in the summer time, I actually feel like I’m back in Brazil at night cause I sleep with a fan on high and with one sheet. Wymount is great, I think they need to get some air though…. I can’t believe I am complaining about that after spending so much time in Maceio. Anyway I can’t sleep very well at night, I don’t know if it’s my cough keeping me up… or Elder Tucker’s cough… or Elder Boardman’s cough. Or just the new change I don’t know I’ve found that Drowsy Allergy pills put me out and help with the scratchy throat. I sound like I’m deathly ill… I’m not I feel like anyone who comes in here will catch something.
I love the devotionals here, I get to be front row at some of the coolest devotionals ever, last night was Elder John H. Groberg … The other side of Heaven. Him and Sister Groberg spoke (Jean) They seem like great people, they are great people they’ve done so much good.
Today we went bowling again… I think next week is miniature Golf though so that will be nice, we have got another Elder in here Elder Baird, he got sent home after 4 months in England and had knee surgery… He should be going back out soon. Although they are talking about expanding this mission President Allen wants him to stay. It’s a fun bunch of guys. The 2 that have been here the longest are from Utah, Elder Boardman and Elder Tagg. Delta and Spanish Fork.
The tanning has been effective, I feel better I am pretty sure that the prednisone kept me in check and coming off has made things a little bumpy, but, all is well. They’ll take care of it.
The mail is so different wow, quick, the news is news instead of olds, They have unlimited Granola here, and laundry is much different I’ve got it good as far as all that goes.
We have some great investigators, one guy who is blind has been loving all the lessons, he actually investigated the Church sometime ago and was really rude to the missionaries, but he talked with a member and his views were changed and Then we somehow got a hold of him and he has committed to be baptized in three weeks, The biggest thing here that I am coming to realize is the experiences are different but the Spirit is the same, and I don’t think I’d trade one for the other… if I get reassigned here or anywhere or back to Brazil I am alright with it. I’ll do what I’m told.
This last week in Priesthood I was able to give a lesson, on the first lesson… That was fun I hope you all know I love you.
Until next week, I’ll probably have to call you tomorrow Mom.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment